Car Crime Prevention Tips
More than a quarter of all recorded crimes are car thefts, or thefts from
cars - like stereos and mobile phones. If your care it could mean weeks of
expensive inconvenience - and losing your no claims bonus, which would result
in an expensive insurance premium the following year.
Don't be wise after the event -
take the following tips to turn the tide against car crime!!!
- Never leave a car door unlocked or a window or sun-roof open even
when just going into a shop for a moment or two
- Don't leave any belongings in your car. A thief won't know that a bag
or coat doesn't contain something valuable and might break a window
to get at it. If you can't take them with you, never leave things on
display - lock them in the boot
- Make a note of your stereo serial number and keep it in a safe place.
If it's removable, always take it with you
- Don't leave credit cards or cheque books in the glove compartment.
1 in 5 stolen cheque and credit cards are taken from cars
- Never leave vehicle documents in the car - they could help a thief
to sell it
- Remoe the ignition key and engage the steering lock - even when
parking in your own driveway or garage - and don't forget to lock the
- Have an alarm system or immobiliser fitted or use a steering wheel
- Always try to park in a well-lit, open location
- Double check that all car doors, windows, sunroof and boot are locked
before leaving it. And put your aerial down to stop it being
Reversing Aids |
Vehicle Alarms |
Motorcycle Security |
Satellite Tracking |
How Long To Steal A Car |